Friday 7 November 2014

Looking up





I recently discovered a writer whose every word has me hooked and whose story has me in tears. She does a wonderful thing on instagram called 'Adoration'. Every day she shares one aspect of God's character with a Bible verse, and encourages us to 'look up', to fix our eyes on him and praise him.

I love it. It's like hoarding a little piece of treasure in my heart every day.

Those treasures add a different light, a different perspective, to my everyday.

The emphasis is on praise but it is affecting the way I intercede for others too. As I get to know the Giver better I can more easily imagine the gifts he is just waiting to bestow.

And I am discovering anew that when we let His Word in, He draws close and whispers to us.

Most of you know that Alice recently had another day in hospital and another operation. Compared to previous hospital stays, this one should have been child's play. And she did brilliantly. But I didn't do so well. Normally I can steel myself to face whatever is coming, but this time I just couldn't. Dave had to handle to hard stuff like anaesthetics as the memories of previous hospital visits were taking their toll on me.


Then I looked at my verse for the day, and it went straight to my heart.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

He knew. He knew my mother's heart which ached for my child having yet more procedures and medicines. And he was there with the very words which I needed to hear. I was able to be the child and rest on his lap.

http://everybitterthingissweet.com/adoration/adoration-explained/

No comments:

Post a Comment