Sunday 2 November 2014

Stories



I started this blog as a way to share the story of what God was doing in my heart. I carried it on because I wanted to put into words the glimpses of heavenly perspective that God was giving on my children's stories.

I keep coming across this view in other people's blogs. They are aware that God is doing something amazing, and the way they express it is to say 'He's writing my story'. They very often say something along the lines of  'I didn't know it would be so hard; I didn't know it would be so beautiful.'

The story of the Bible basically goes- God creates- man messes up- God fixes.
Our lives- our stories- show the wounds, the tell-tale signs of the 'man messing up' bit, whether directly through our own actions or just because we live in a broken world.
But once we allow the Author of our lives access, he can start to mend.
Once we look for Him, we will see his handwriting, his signature.

'The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit.'*

No one wants to be brokenhearted. But it is oh so wonderful to have Him close. 




*Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment