Saturday 31 March 2018

Inherit

                                 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up
                                  for us all, how will he not also, along with him,
                                  graciously give us all things?
                                Romans 8

On Christmas Eve Alice declared, in tones of despair, 'I will never get my Christmas presents!'

From her seven-year-old point of view she had been waiting forever (a few weeks) and couldn't possibly wait a moment longer. She was beginning to doubt that the waiting would ever end. From my point of view, I knew I had spent those weeks listening to her requests, helping her write lists, scanning the shelves of toy shops to make sure all the My Little Ponies were represented; I had found things that I thought would please and surprise her, I had wrapped and hidden them away and was poised to fill her stocking that very night.

I wonder how often I am just like an impatient seven-year -old in regard to my Heavenly Father. There are so many good things that I think I can't live without for a moment longer, and I wonder why God isn't seeing it like I do. And yet the Bible tells us that the Lord delights to plan and give good things to his children.

In fact, he tells us that those who depend on God will inherit the whole earth!  How is that even possible?

Before they (we) took His life he had given up everything- they gambled over his last garment.

He gave everything - his last breath- so that we could have everything.

What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived- the things God has prepared for those who love him
1 Corinthian 2:9

How abundant are the good things
 that you have stored up for those who fear you
Psalm 31

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
Matthew 5

Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get. 
Mark 15

No comments:

Post a Comment