Thursday 19 May 2016

On not doing the housework

Housework is boring. It's a good job someone invented the title 'stay-at-home-mum' because 'housewife' will never really suit me. To liven things up I've been listening to Tim Keller's sermons online. It's a great way to get my head and heart full of God's word. (I've just realised how strange that sounds, the words 'liven up' and sermon in the same sentence, but honestly, they're not dry or dull, give them a try if you don't believe me!)

The more I study the Bible, the more I think about who Jesus is, the more I am blown away by how he loves. I was reminded the other day about how Jesus welcomed Judas into his company, taught him and loved him, ate with him, travelled with him, for years, right up till the betrayal.



Then, thinking about how Jesus says he forgives our wrongdoing- which he can only do if we are offending him, right? Which we are, if, as he says, he is God. So there he is, living side by side with us lot, for year after year, while all the time we are breaking his heart with our malice and pride and rejection. Then, he takes those very sins upon his back - literally, in the form of a cross.

If you want to know what it looks like for God to be 'slow to anger and rich in love', look no further.

http://www.gospelinlife.com/free-sermon-resource

No comments:

Post a Comment